Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Aren't pianos just cool?


One of the many talents I wish I have is the ability to play musical instruments. Piano, violin, guitar, to name a few. Guitar was hopeless. I rented a guitar last year, and the result of my learning was... almost nothing. Damn.

OTL

There are no pianos to be rented (hell, how do you expect to bring a piano back home without a transport? A lorry, I suppose. But... I am an overseas student after all. I can't afford that luxury). So... the best option is to rent a keyboard, which is pretty much similar and easier to play. Oh no, it's not me who rented it, my friend did. I'm a cheapskate, SO WHAT?

Long story short, now I am able to play a few songs. And that is good enough. The sad thing is, I can only play with a hand, which is so not cool.. And it doesn't sound nearly as good as playing with both hands, if you get what I mean.

I once watched a Korean reality show where one of the hosts of the show said (not directly quoted, but it means almost like this) "I think guys would like to have an image of their girlfriends like this. Playing a piano, with sunlight coming down on her from the window behind".



Like this...... Almost.

And so... my pitiful inability in music aside, I'm going to show off a song that I managed to learn. It's one of the soundtracks in a famous Korean drama, "Full House".

WARNING
I played this with one hand, so it's really not that good. And it's not the full song too. Bear with it. Or you might consider not listening at all. But you don't want to break my heart, do you? *wink* <333



3 comments:

  1. adshfkjsgjaksdfjs That's so cool! W-well, since I have no musical talent so I think being able to play like that is already very cool! I wish you can teach me but I'm more of a drums person ^^;

    but seriously, askdhfakjsdhfkjs I'm excited on your behalf. It sounded like a few notes were missing and some hesitancy but I thought that was good already!

    Your drawing was really nice too! Hey, who told you to improve so fast? *pouts* okay, I'm just jk (with envy >.>) The perspective and proportions is a bit off but more practice and observation and you'd do well~ Good luck!...with both the keyboard and the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW *super shiny eyes* you're flatterin' meeehhh.. seriously, I think I could live 10 years out of your compliments alone! Thanks for your comments, I'm hoping to improve my drawing more and more. My goal for now is to be able to draw better than you do =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly have a way with words, don't I~ @w@

    If it's drawing, we're on pretty different platforms but I guess for now, I suggest you look into perspective. It does wonders~ Rather than get better at drawing, why not you just raise the level and get even better at colouring. This isn't saying much since my colouring pretty much sucks. It shouldn't be too much for you to surpass me though.

    Hey, don't improve so much and leave me too far behind, okay? ;A; That's not fair

    ReplyDelete